Tuesday, October 14, 2008

New project







I decided to finally do something with the '71 XS650 I had sitting around in boxes.  The direction of this project is some sort of cafe/street tracker fusion bike.  I'm picking away at this while taking breaks from tank welding sessions.  I like looking at stuff for a long time, sometimes too long.  I guess it helps keep me from rushing into bad decisions.
The basic frame bends are done and pieced together.  This baby got a new backbone and tail section which will clean the lines up when all together.  Aside from that, the frame retains the stock engine cradle and swing arm mounts.
  

2 comments:

Eastern Boarder Natick said...

that kid steve ryan beat your ass again huh?

special'79 said...

I'd have to get him a chair to stand on. I see sit-ups in his future too.