Saturday, February 13, 2010

Road trip... a boring one






Well, I got the call from the garage that my car was all set and ready to pick up. Seems the problem was exactly what I thought it was, a skipped timing belt. The buffoon (previous mechanic/owner) who did the timing belt 7k miles ago didn't think it was important to replace the idler pulley bearings bearings while he was in there. So...

-towing
-timing belt, 3 idler bearings, belt tensioner
-2 sensors, which weren't the problem but the mechanic broke the old ones taking them out
-rental car

$1160, which would've paid for the shovel and Triumph rebuild parts. Shit.

Good news is I got to stop at my favorite surplus shops in NY on the way home and grab some bits and pieces.

Well, enjoy the boring pics of my Friday road trip.

2 comments:

Carr's Garage said...

That look slike P&T Surplus to me.

You didn't stop in and say hi?!?

special'79 said...

Haha, it's is P&T. I would've called you and swung by but it was a blow thru town on the way back from PA to MA type thing. Next time, I promise.