Wednesday, February 25, 2009

some bends





Ok, first things first.  I have always used regular old DOM steel tubing for the bars I make.  I could always count on 3/4" od sliding perfectly into 1" .120 wall, 1" into 1 1/4" .120, and so on.  The bars pictured are the first 304 stainless pieces I've made... or tried to.  The 1" .120 wall 304 stainless tubing I picked up to work with the 1 1/4" doesn't telescope cleanly.  This is also true for the mounting bungs I have made for me.  Don't get me wrong, this shit happens all the time in the imperfect world of metalworking, but it's screwing with the one perfect little DOM world I'm used to.  
Customers usually send pics or scratch a little something on a napkin to show me what they're looking for.  Eric sent me a detailed cad image of what he wanted.  I think I'm getting pretty close to the original design, just have to tweak 'em a little.     

4 comments:

Jackieshan said...

Dang. I thought my drawing was pretty detailed. Those are looking sweet though. I'm really getting excited now.

luke said...

detailed much?? those are cool.

special'79 said...

Shaun, your bars are next. Should be able to get them done before the weekend.

Eastern Boarder Natick said...

Suddenly i'm having Deja Vu, a lot of it...