Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Iron mids inkage




Finished the linkage to convert the '74 ironhead from right side shift over to left. I never really liked the look of the long swooping stock pedal that was the brake (or shift pedal in '75ish and later) so I put a pivot up near the peg. Right now the vertical pivot arms are too tall in my eyes but once I replace the trans shifter shaft to work with this setup, I'll know how much linkage throw is needed for the right shifter "feel" and be shortening them.

5 comments:

Daniel Edward said...

Put them into production?
I bet you could sell quite a few...

James D. Hendrickson said...

Those welds are super sani, I think I personally would like the pedal to swoop up just a bit more for more leverage and to prevent accidental engagement. Still you are killing it.

special'79 said...

Yeah, the shifter arm will get the torch treatment to bend a bit more. I may even add a heel kickshift to the whole shebang for heel/toe action.

hooligan said...

I built a forward control setup similar to that for a 75 iron. I found having the front arm off the shifter being way shorter helped out quite a bit. You built a really pretty setup. I dig it.

chopper73 said...

man that's exactly want i need clean as hell